Sunday 8 March 2009

euthanasia

Like abortion, this is a topic I have found myself spontaneously thinking about since I was at school, where I also did a debate on the subject (this time encouraging it to be made legal). However I am still completely torn as to whether it should be made illegal. On the one had there is the fact that it would be more regular, and people would result to euthanasia when they may be depressed or in a situation which could be solved with regular help or treatment. However on the other hand there are people who are living their life in constant pain on a hospital bed, and know that they will never leave this bed. Could you imagine knowing that you would never leave your bed again and that you will spend the rest of your life, however long that is in pain? Id rather just die with dignity, and I’m sure many other people would. If a member of my family, heaven forbid, was in that situation I would do the right thing and assist them with suicide if I knew there was no other way out, I honestly would if that’s what they wanted me to do. So overall if it was to be made legal, then there would have to be tight rules on the circumstances on which this is made legal so as it doesn’t go out of control, which if these rules weren’t applied, I’m sure would happen.
This website helped me with my blog, and explains why euthanasia should be made legal:
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/12-9-2004-62722.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment