Friday 24 April 2009

Bullying

If you think about it, why do people do this in the first place? For a bully there are no obvious benefits of doing it, but then I realised that maybe I’m wrong; there’s reputation. A person, say a schoolchild, could bully other people so as to maintain his or her reputation of being someone who you don’t fuck around with, someone people look up to and want to be friends with. It’s a popularity thing I guess. But to seriously damage someone’s life for popularity!? It takes a pathetic person inside to do that, someone who is insecure and attention seeking. I’m sure they wouldn’t look upon themselves as being insecure, but in my opinion they are if they have to do something so stupid to get the attention they so desperately want.
This link gives information about school bullies and about the violence related to it:
http://www.safety-council.org/info/child/bullies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment