Monday 27 April 2009

Speeding

Driving is fun, I can appreciate that, and if I find myself late for work (not surprisingly that’s quite often) I find myself driving faster and overtaking the occasional car on the way. I am as careful as I can, but I can appreciate that what I am doing is wrong. Sticking to the speed limit, especially in a 30 zone, I don’t often do, however it isn’t much over the speed limit that I travel; generally about 35-40mph. the main issue here I think is when you get people racing at speeds that are ridiculous. For example, the other day as I was driving home from work I was overtaken by a car that must have been travelling at about 90mph in a 50 zone. I myself was travelling at about 60, but this car flew past me like I wasn’t there! It made me realise that these are the people that don’t only risk their own lives on the road, but are prepared to risk other people’s lives just to show off in front of their mates or whatever. Admittedly I do drive faster, but never like that. I would never wish to put my friends or girlfriend in danger if I am driving them, and I can’t see why other people would want to. Well other than just showing off in front of other people, risking their lives, why else would they do it? If a person wants to show off, why do they have to risk other people’s lives in the process? There is no need for it, it’s stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment