Tuesday 28 April 2009

homosexuality

I know many people who think this is immoral and abnormal, and obviously I have my own feelings on this. I suppose if you look at it in a way it is abnormal, I would agree to that, but to say it’s immoral... I wouldn’t agree with people who say that; at the end of the day people who are homosexual don’t choose to be like this, it’s just the way they are and they can’t help it. Also they aren’t really harming anyone else being like this are they, so I can’t see how it can be classed as 'bad'. People, who have a problem with this, I think, are the people who are wrong, as it has nothing to do with them so there is no need to say anything or get involved. I have a sister who is homosexual, but looking at her you wouldn’t think she is but she is. She has never intentionally affected anyone because of it, however she has still had comments thrown at her whilst in public if she has been holding hands with her girlfriend. The people who are throwing the comments are the people in the wrong, and not her. On her 18th birthday a couple of years ago, she had a party and then went clubbing after and took me with her and a couple of her mates. I was only just 17, so I had never been clubbing before, but when I got there it was obvious that it was a gay club (not that I knew that before I got inside) and felt a bit awkward. But after talking to a few people inside I began to realise that there was no need to feel awkward, as these people were just completely normal, friendly people in general. Obviously there were a few idiots, but that’s to be expected anywhere. I realised that these people shouldn’t be treated differently from anyone else (I thought that anyway, but it just confirmed my opinion). If people have a problem with homosexual people then that’s their problem, they shouldn’t let it affect anyone who is, or it is them that are in the wrong.
Here is a link relating to how homosexuality cannot be immoral from a utilitarian approach:
http://www.utilitarian.net/singer/by/200610--.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment