Monday 4 May 2009

comment following Laura Carlin's blog on nasty comedians

I heard lots about this answer phone message that was left by Russell brand and Jonathon Ross and I can see how you think that this is extremely rude and a cruel thing to do to an elderly man. To say that you no longer like them after this and that they should be sacked is in my opinion too far. Yes it was something that they should have kept to themselves, and yes it was unthoughtful, but if you look at it how does this differ from many other jokes? I am a fan of Russell brand, and have watched him on a number of occasions and find it hilarious what he says about other people, and if that makes me a bad person then fine, I can accept that. I just think that sometimes people should chill out, if Andrew Sachs had a problem then he should have been the person to complain, not others. As far as I remember there were barely any complaints about that until it became publicised.

No comments:

Post a Comment